Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thank goodness I married a smart man

Culprit #1
So the other day (Friday), Bry and I decided to do breakfast-for-dinner. So he was cooking scrambled eggs, bacon was in the oven and I made some pancake batter. Then a smoke detector in our apartment started going off. Ugh. So I run over and start fanning the smoke detector but it won't stop!! So I open up some windows and continue fanning. I decide to take out the battery and it still won't stop beeping!! What the freak kind of a smoke detector do I have?

After a few minutes we start to hear a second smoke detector going off and I feel a little better and state something along the lines of "well at least someone else has a smoke detector going off."

A moment later Bry suggests "do we have more than one smoke detector?"

Duh...

Culprit #2


Culprit #3

So we opened all of the windows in our apartment and eventually cleared out what very little smoke from our SCRAMBLED EGGS that there was.

Result: charred bacon, burnt pancake, cold scrambled eggs (because we took them off the heat but by the time we could eat them they were cold).

All I have to say, though, is thank goodness Bry was smart enough to figure out that we have more than one smoke detector, or else I would have gone crazy. Piercing beeping gets old so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment