Saturday, August 3, 2013

My second 5k

Yellowstone photos will come, but I figured I'd do this one first because it's short.

My lovely friend Brynn agreed to sign up with me and stick with me and my slow self during some training for and the running of this 5k. We did pretty well considering it was 3.44 miles (a 0.3-mile-extra 5k), and we'd only gone half that distance for most of our training and the farthest we'd gone before that was 2.7 miles. It was good, and we were both happy to have completed it. =)

Three miles may not be very long to many of you reading this, but it's a lot for me. It was worth it, though.

Here's us pre-race. We sadly did not get a post-race picture.


Oh, and I've decided my tennis shoes have had a good go. They've lasted through the training for and running of two 5ks, as well as many days of Utah winter (and fall and spring).

My shoes are pretty beat up.

And yes, the inside heels are indeed torn up- and that isn't the only place on the inside.

Also, I LOVE that my number just happened to be 214 because if you take out the 1 it's my favorite number. =) Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment