Sunday, April 10, 2016

I love Aiden's imagination

Here is a short gem from his time here Easter weekend:
Mom (my mom): Are you a nut?
Aiden: No, I'm inside a nut.

Long gem, because kids have the best imaginations:
Background-- Aiden was talking about the house being full of water and how we were on "boats", aka couches and such. Later in the day the water apparently froze over.
Aiden, informatively: "The sharks are frozen. (pause) Be careful not to run into statues."
Adult (I can't remember which of us): "Why would we run into statues?"
Aiden: "Because you don't know where you're going."
Bry: "Why wouldn't you know where you were going?"
Aiden: "Because you get lost and you didn't bring a map."
Bry: "Well, wouldn't you see the statues?"
Aiden: "No because you have a map on front of your face so you don't see it."
(Yes, so now you do have a map.)

I don't remember how exactly after that but the story transformed into you holding up a map while walking backwards in your sleep... what? It just cracked me up. That boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment