Friday, September 23, 2016

The many words of Emma

I have been mentioning how her vocabulary is expanding a ton but I can't think of many of her words when I sit down to type about it. So I have been working on logging away many of them and compiling a list for fun that you hopefully don't find terribly boring. She often tries to copy words she hears so this list doesn't have everything but it has most of the words she's comfortable with.

  • Mom/Mommy, Daddy
  • Ah-ma, Papa, Auntie (all FB/Skype buddies - we're happy to Skype other friends and family when you're free!)
    • cousins: Charlotte (never says it quite right but tries - it usually comes out different every time), Valerie (sounds like"wow-wuh-eee"), Diana ("nanana") 
    • friend: Skyler (said incorrectly but close-ish)
    • I have tried to teach her other names but I can't think of which ones she has tried saying.
  • Hi, Hello ("heh-doe"), Bye
  • Please (said "pease" and signed)
  • Milk (said like "milt"), Water (said "wah-ye")
  • Nap, Nigh-night, Bed, Binky ("bee-tee")
  • One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten (she usually skips my prompting to say "one" and goes to "two" and then copies me saying each one after that)
  • No/No-no-no said with arms waving
  • Up, Down (she doesn't say "down" very often but is using it sometimes)
  • Go (usually said "doh"), Store, Home
  • Hat, Shirt, Socks, Shoes
  • Head, Ears, Eyes, Nose (barely says it), Arm, Elbow (new - says and identifies as she can identify most things in this list), Knee(s), Feet, Piggies (which she also knows as Toes but she calls them something that sounds like "babies" instead of "piggies")
  • Door, Seat (sometimes "Mommy's seat" or "Daddy's seat")
  • Book, Flower
  • Puppy, Sheep, Cat, Dog, Cow (said with a "t" or "d" instead of "c" usually, same goes for Cat), Frog, Fish
  • Nummy, Apple, Applesauce, Watermelon ("na-mu-nenen"), Strawberries ("stah-breEs"), Broccoli (said almost right), Fries, Meat, Burger, Cheese
  • Letters (listed starting with most frequently used): Y, T, D, P, C, E, B, O (sometimes she can say other ones but these are the ones she might say spontaneously when looking at a book or sign)
  • Yellow ("ye-whoa")
  • Here You Go ("'ere-you-doh")
  • Ones I forgot: Buckles, Bubbles, Ball, Poop, Fox (said more like "fot"), Yay, Yes, Yeah, Wipes (sounds like "fipes" or "wice"), Rice, Ow, Uh-oh, Bottle, Bee, Emma

I sure do love hearing her cute voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment