It's weird to think I was in the hospital a year ago and that Emma was TINY and so brand new. She has certainly changed a LOT and while it feels weird to say she's a year old it feels as though she's been with us for longer than that.
Since about Christmas she has started taking a couple steps between furniture here and there but is choosing to be safe and doesn't try walking on her own yet. She's fairly stable on her feet and I think she'll be a pretty good walker when she gets up the courage to try it. I'm not in any hurry for her to, though. I like her crawling and rolling on the floor.
Her favorite foods list includes many previously mentioned ones and some new ones: salmon, apples, macaroni and cheese, broccoli, tuna pasta, peanut butter on bread, and potatoes (any kind).
She both learned and unlearned how to say "happy" last month, she has said "aunty" several times, she has said "thank you" twice after I have handed her something she liked (it may have been more like "lank you" or something but I'm positive she said it, once one day and again the next - earlier this week), This month Emma has been practicing her monkey sounds (ee-ee, oo-oo, ah-ah) which is adorable. She has also retained "yeah" and "hi" although she doesn't use them very often.
I only managed to get pictures of her today while she was in her high chair for lunch so here they are! I should have more to post in the next few days. Emma's a funny baby.
2 comments:
I love this little lady! Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration! Miss you bunches!
Thanks! Miss you lots!!
Post a Comment