About a month ago (around September 14th) Henry became a proficient walker and continues to get better and better. I can't get over how cute it is to watch him toddling around. It's especially cute to watch him follow his sister around.
The two of them have quite a bit of fun together and I absolutely love to see them make one another laugh. Sometimes when one of them gets upset, I can't get them to feel better but the other one can. This morning Emma came downstairs and hid her face in a pillow on the couch to "hide". She hadn't said anything and was being quiet and to herself. I put Henry next to her on the couch and he was thrilled to see her (he'd been awake for about half an hour which is fairly typical). He crawled right over to her and leaned against her - back-to-back. After a moment she tried to bump him away so instead he turned to face her and gave her a big hug around her back. She started to laugh and try to wiggle him off. They both laughed and it was total cuteness.
The moments they spend laughing or sharing with one another are highlights of my days. They have their hard sibling moments - one accidentally hurts the other or one wants what the other is playing with and doesn't want to share. So far they don't have too many hard moments with each other and I love seeing their relationship deepen and expand as they get older.
One other thing they do together that I love is putting their foreheads together which doesn't happen frequently but maybe every couple days. And sometimes they'll do it multiple times in a row.
It's lovely to see the affection Emma will sometimes show with Henry, like the forehead touches, since she generally doesn't like much physical contact. I'm sure the two of them were friends before they joined our family, and I don't doubt Henry was excited to follow his sister to Earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment