I am happy to report she's still as happy to go each morning as she was the first - maybe not with the exact amount of enthusiasm but she still gets very excited and often skips up to the school building. I love that she gets excited when she realizes she gets to go to school the next day, and even like hearing when she says she's sad when she thinks of the days she doesn't have school ("I'm sad I don't go to school tomorrow"). She goes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
I think she's still shy in class and doesn't talk much, though I haven't seen her in class. She's "trying" to say "thank you" at snack time - trying to muster the courage to get the words out, I guess. I had asked last week or the week before if she said "thank you" when given a snack and she told me she doesn't so I talk to her about it most days and hopefully she'll get the words out one of these days. I wish she could carry her enthusiasm with her on her face into class. I'm not sure how animated she gets but at home she's very animated talking about school. She tells me bits and pieces randomly throughout the day as she recalls different things that happen.
Her backpack is yellow AND has rainbows AND says "love" on it, all of which are pretty much her favorite things. Thank you, Target. Emma likes to put it on and buckle it herself.
I sure love this sweet, amazing girl and I hope she keeps an enthusiasm for school for many years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment