Wednesday we were able to mostly relax. We had a nice visit with my Uncle Sean, after which we had a dinner at Strizzi's. Mmmm. The flavors at Strizzi's were DElicious.
Thursday was Thanksgiving- there was lots of family and lots of food- two of my very favorite things. Together it makes for a beautiful evening and a totally stuffed stomach. I wish I had taken a picture with my own camera of the food table, but I only took one with my sister's camera. Oh well.
Friday we- myself, my hubby, some of my immediate family and some of Isaac's family- went to Monterey. In the Aquarium, I particularly enjoyed looking at the jellyfish because they're weird and incredible. Actually, they're the only things I took pictures of there. If my camera were more apt to taking pictures through glass, I may have taken more and of different things, but maybe not.
| I thought these were pretty weird little light jellyfish. |
| They're incredible, and so very very strange. |
| And this is me. And Bry. In Monterey after eating a clam chowder bread bowl (Bry's requested California food) and Ghirardelli ice cream (my requested food- I helped him finish his, even). =) |
I was kind of tired after going to Monterey and stopping at Gizdich Ranch, but still happily went to Fuddruckers to eat an ostrich burger and a bite of Bry's elk burger.
Saturday was a chill day. My mom took Bry and I to a couple of nearby sites for a relaxed day of adventure. We first went to Mission San Jose and walked around for a while looking at what there is to see there and conversing. From the mission we went to Don Edwards Wildlife Reserve. The weather was clear and wonderful, as can usually be expected. Below are pictures from Don Edwards.
To say the least, I love vacations, however short they last and however long the traveling may take. Family is what matters and family is what I love the most.

2 comments:
It was so good to see you! Also, those are jellyfish... not octopuses...
It was good to see you too! Uh, thank you. That's embarrassing. I even thought about it before I typed it but I forgot what else they could be. Duh. Jellyfish. I'm going to go make some changes...
Post a Comment